Why do you need to install Kodi on Roku?
Roku streaming device is one of the most popular devices in the market as it offers easy and convenient usage, various services or apps but one set back to this service is that it is a closed system software which means third-party apps can not be installed on the device. Here you will learn how to install kodi on roku.
What does Kodi do?
Kodi is an application most Roku users want to have access to, it runs on most of the platforms or operating systems and offers various services
Kodi basically acts as a home theatre hub but it also has other uses too as it is an open system software it offers its users to access applications that are not otherwise accessible. It also lets you customize your device and you can design it as you like. Kodi can help you stream many channels and stream free movies and TV shows, be it some sports broadcast or some music podcast.
Is it possible to jailbreak Roku?
Technically, it is not possible to jailbreak Roku as it is closed system software and does not allow the user to download third-party apps on your device unlike fire-stick which is open system software and lets you access third-party apps but you work around and find some ways to stream content on your Roku device.
1. Cast Kodi to Roku
Make sure your Roku device is capable of screen mirroring or casting and update your Roku device with its latest update. Make sure you have a Kodi compatible device like a smartphone or a personal computer provided with 3D GPU chip on the hardware end, or a well suited operating system
Install Kodi on the device you are going to cast from and look for latest updates, if it is already updated then you are good to go
- Go to the home screen of your Roku device
- Go to the settings and enable screen mirroring
- Make certain that both your Roku device and the device you are going to cast from are Wi-Fi enabled
- Cast the device on your Roku device
- Now you can easily use Kodi and enjoy streaming great content
2. Use an HDMI cable
The only difference between this method and the prior one is that the prior one casts virtually using Wi-Fi but here we will use an HDMI cable to cast from an additional device. All you need to do is a Roku device, additional device (PC or smartphone) and an HDMI cable. You may not be able to connect your phone to your Roku device with cable because phones don’t offer the port required to connect, you might need some other cable or adapter to do this or you can connect your Roku device with your Pc. Follow these simple steps to stream content on your Roku device.
- Make sure your Roku device is updated with the latest update
- Ensure that Kodi is installed on your additional device
- Your Roku device and your additional device are connected with each other with the help of HDMI cable
- Add Roku as a device on your operating system and enjoy the whole new array of entertainment media.
Also read: How to Jailbreak Roku in 2020